AccountEdge Pro 2017 and higher has introduced a new template feature for email. While you'll still be able to send emails to your customers and vendors with the attached PDFs, we've improved the options for actually editing the body of email text and then saving those as templates to be used in different situations.
Creating Email Templates
You can create new email templates by:
- Go to the Lists menu from the top of the screen and select Email Templates. The Email Templates List window appears
- Select the tab for the type of email template you want to create
- Click the New button to create a new email template. The Edit Template window appears
- Enter a Template Name
- Enter the Subject you would like for the email
- In the "Message" section you can enter the body of the email
You can use what are known as Merge Tags in both the subject of the email and the body. You'll see these available Merge Tags below the message. There will be different drop down menus available to you depending on the kind of transactions.
To use these you first put your cursor in the subject or message where you would like to add the information and then select the appropriate drop down option.
Once you're done you can click OK in the bottom right.
You'll find more information on all of the available Merge Tags in this support article.
We've also created a video that has further information regarding this new feature:
Editing Email Templates
You can modify email templates that you've already created. You can add new text or Merge Tags as desired. To do this:
- Go to Lists from the menu bar at the top of the screen and choose Email Templates
- Select the tab for the email type you want to edit
- Click on the Double Arrow next to the template you want to edit
- Make changes as necessary and then click OK