Getting Started With AccountEdge Connect
This article covers Getting Started with AccountEdge Connect using versions of AccountEdge that support Direct Sync including the Canadian Edition of AccountEdge Pro v2015 and US AccountEdge 2015 versions starting with the 19.0.10 update.
How to Get Started
- Sign up for an AccountEdge Connect account here if you haven’t done so already.
- After receiving your email, click the Activate link within your confirmation email.
- Select Setup > AccountEdge Connect (at the top of the screen when you have your company file open)
- Enter the email address and password you selected when signing up for an AccountEdge Connect account
- Click the Link button to link your company file to your account.
- Click the Sync button to perform your initial sync. This initial sync may take a little while depending on the size of your company file (number of customers, items, jobs, etc.)
- Once complete, click Close.
Now that you’re set up, log into AccountEdge Connect. If needed, you can activate employee users so that others can enter data into AccountEdge. Only the admin using the account details originally created has access to the various AccountEdge Connect settings and preferences.
You can sync with AccountEdge Connect by clicking the cloud icon in the upper right corner of the Command Center in AccountEdge Desktop or by clicking Sync on the bottom of the Command Center and choosing AccountEdge Connect.
AccountEdge Desktop will send updated and new data from AccountEdge up to AccountEdge Connect and pull down any new transactions and records (eg. sales, customers, jobs, activity slips, payments, etc.)
For more help getting up and running using AccountEdge cloud please see the following video:
Getting Started Using AccountEdge Connect