Undo Bank Reconciliation
Possible reasons to Undo Bank Reconciliation:
- A payment was recorded for an incorrect date.
- A transaction was checked off that hadn't cleared yet.
- The bank reconciliation was forced and needs to be corrected.
- The bank statement date was incorrect.
To Undo A Previous Reconciliation
- Create a backup of your company file
- Open the Reconcile Accounts window in the Banking Command Center
- Select the account for which you would like to undo the reconciliation. The date showing to the right of Last Reconciled Date is the date of the last reconciled bank statement. Only one month at a time can be unreconciled, starting with the last reconciled date. If you need to un-do a reconciliation several months before the last reconciled date, you will have to unreconcile month by month until you get to the desired month.
Note: Bank Charges and Interest Earned that were recorded in the bank reconciliation will not be removed. These transactions will also need to be reconciled again.
Don't forget to add or subtract any bank fees into the Statement balance when reconciling.
If you need to use the Undo Reconciliation function for multiple statements, you will need to Undo Reconciliation one statement at a time.