Default Company File Location
AccountEdge Pro (Mac & Windows)
The default location for AccountEdge Pro company file(s) is the Support folder (named AccountEdge Pro 20XX XX) which is located in the user's Documents folder. This location can be changed when creating a company file.
AccountEdge Network Edition (macOS)
The default location for AccountEdge Network Edition company file(s) is in the Databases folder on the host machine. The location is Library > Application Support > AccountEdge NE > Databases. The databases folder can be found by:
- Open Finder
- Choose "Go" from the top of the screen
- Click on "Computer" from the "Go" menu
- Double-click into your hard drive (the default is Macintosh HD)
- Double-click into Library
- Double-click on Application Support
- Double-click on AccountEdge NE
AccountEdge Network Edition (Windows)
The default location for AccountEdge Network Edition company file(s) is in the Databases folder on the host machine. The location is C:\Program Data\AccountEdge NE\Databases . The databases folder can be found by:
- Open a File Explorer window (enter File Explorer in the Windows Search bar)
- Click on This PC
- Click on Local Disk (C:) or the drive where FileConnect is installed.
- If you do not see the Program Data folder, Select View at the top of the window, then Show, then Hidden Items.
- Double-click into Library.
- Double-click on Program Data
- Double-click om AccountEdge NE.
You will see the Databases folder directly in AccountEdge NE. The file needs to be in this location to be opened by AccountEdge NE.
Company File Name
By default, the company file name will be the name of the company indicated when creating a company file. The file name has a limit of 27 characters and is appended with a .myo, which makes the length 31 characters. The name of the file can be changed at creation time, as well.