• You'll need a Power Bi Account for Power BI Desktop (Windows) or the Power BI service (a web app for Windows and macOS).
Is there a cost to using Power BI with AccountEdge?
• There is no charge to use the integration. Fees may apply if you sign up for a Power BI account.
What data can be exported?
• Generally speaking, AccountEdge will export select reports, transaction data, and master record data (customer list, for example).
Is Power BI directly integrated into AccountEdge, so I can open a report, for example, directly in Power BI?
• No. Our integration is based on AccountEdge exporting reports and data formatted for easy use in Power BI. You'll use the tools in Power BI to import the data set either directly, or if on the Mac using a browser, the data can be copied and pasted into the Power BI website. Microsoft says they'll be adding Exel for Mac support soon.
Does it work on a Macintosh?
• Yes, using the browser version of Power BI. There is no Power BI desktop application for macOS.
What's the difference between the browser-based service and the Windows desktop app?