User Privileges and Permissions
User accounts can only be created an managed by the Administrator user. The administrator logs into AccountEdge using the User ID of Administrator. The Administrator needs to be the only person accessing the company file to manage user accounts.
If you need information on creating user accounts, setting passwords, and the administrator account click here.
To set user access in a company file:
- Go to the top menu bar and select Setup > Preferences.
- Select the the Security tab.
- In the lower left corner click the User IDs button.
To restrict a user's access:
- Choose the user from the list on the left.
- The list on the right shows available permissions - check anything off that you want the user to NOT have access to.
If you restrict a user's access to a function that's marked with an asterisk, the user won't be able to view or report on the transactions created by that function.
This PDF file contains a listing of the 2013 AccountEdge User Privileges: User Access 2013
This PDF file contains a listing of the 2018 AccountEdge User Privileges: User Access 2018