What can I do if I have upgraded or need to upgrade to Catalina?
AccountEdge is not yet compatible with Apple's Catalina operating system (OS X 10.15). If you have already upgraded to Catalina, or if your business needs require you to upgrade to Catalina we have outlined options to allow you to continue using AccountEdge without interruption until a compatible AccountEdge version is released.
We recognize this is not an ideal situation and we apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and loyalty.
Use a virtual machine – Parallels or VMware Fusion
- Popular virtualization software companies like Parallels or VMware Fusion allow you to run an older version of the macOS on the same computer that is running Catalina. You would then access AccountEdge on this pre-Catalina macOS virtual machine.
- Parallels is a virtualization software for the macOS. It can run a wide array of operating systems including macOS, Windows, Linux, and more.
Click here for instructions on how to run an older MacOS using Parallels
Click here to view Parallels products
VMware Fusion is a software hypervisor developed by VMware for Macintosh computers. VMware Fusion allows Intel-based Macs to run operating systems such asMicrosoft Windows, Linux, NetWare, or Solaris.
Click here to view the VMware Fusion product
- If you have an older secondary Mac computer, you can use that machine until the Catalina-compatible AccountEdge version is released. Click here to view our system requirements and verify if your old Mac will work with your version of AccountEdge.
If you have a Windows PC you can use that machine (temporarily)
- The AccountEdge company file works cross-platform, meaning it can easily be moved from a Mac operating system to a Windows operating system.
- We would happily provide you with a complimentary AccountEdge Pro Windows edition license. Just give us a call at (800) 322 – 6962 or use this case form to request the switch: https://www.accountedge.com/help/
- It is strongly advised that you do not access the company file from two different operating systems at the same time.
- Custom forms are not cross-platform compatible so these will need to be re-created when changing operating systems.
You can purchase an older Mac computer
Here are some links to lower-cost, refurbished/used Mac providers:
Downgrade your macOS
- While not easy, it is possible to roll back your Catalina installation and return to an earlier macOS (downgrade instructions from Macworld). It is highly recommended that you contact an IT professional for assistance.
- Reccommended Consultants: