Accessing a Shared File on a Windows 8 or 10 Computer
Some users have reported issues accessing a Mapped Drive from Windows 8 and Windows 10 machines through AccountEdge when browsing for a company file. Here are two solutions that will allow you to access the Mapped Drive.
This video takes you through both solutions:
Solution 1When Browsing for the AccountEdge company file, instead of attempting to navigate to the Mapped Drive - you can either:
Type in bar at the top of the Browse window.
- Example: \\\ServerName\FolderName\
- Navigate to Network on the left hand side and then click through to the PC that's hosting the file
After typing this in select the Company File.
This solution involves editing the Windows Registry. We suggest that if you are going to attempt to do this you contact an IT professional. AccountEdge Technical Support is not able to assist with this process
To work around this problem, configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value. This value enables Windows Vista-Windows 10 to share network connections between the filtered access token and the full administrator access token for a member of the Administrators group. After you configure this registry value, LSA checks whether there is another access token that is associated with the current user session if a network resource is mapped to an access token. If LSA determines that there is a linked access token, it adds the network share to the linked location.
- To configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then right-click the registry subkey
- Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type EnableLinkedConnections, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click EnableLinkedConnections, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
For more information please see this article.
After this, you should be able to see the Mapped Drive as normal when selecting "Browse" in AccountEdge Pro.