Syncing Products with Shopify
When syncing items between AccountEdge Pro and Shopify, the following items are synced:
Note: After the initial sync of products, changes made to products in Shopify (Title, Description, Price, Tags, Weight, Taxable and Images) will sync to AccountEdge Pro.
AccountEdge 2015 and Later: AccountEdge 2015 has the ability to sync inventory quantities between AccountEdge and Shopify. When syncing between AccountEdge and Shopify inventory quantities will automatically be updated between the two.
AccountEdge 2014: Quantity on hand will not sync from Shopify to AccountEdge. We recommend making all changes in AccountEdge Pro and syncing them to Shopify.
- Verify AccountEdge Pro items are marked as I sell (Item > Profile) and I sell in web store (Item > Selling Details)
- All Shopify products will be imported to AccountEdge Pro
- Item quantities are not transferred between AccountEdge Pro and Shopify. After syncing items, you'll need to update the item quantities.
- If you have an existing Shopify web store, and you're connecting it to AccountEdge Pro for the first time, you'll need to do some initial setup:
- In AccountEdge Pro, you'll need to create an Equity account (3-xxxx) to hold the initial value of your Shopify products. This is necessary only if the existing Shopify products were not purchased through AccountEdge Pro (see the Accounts FAQ for details)
- You'll need to know the cost of your Shopify products, that is, your purchase price of the products
Update AccountEdge Pro with Quantities
- Press the Sync button to sync items between AccountEdge Pro an Shopify; this will sync your items between AccountEdge Pro and Shopify
- If your Shopify web store was already in existence, and you have products in the store, export your Shopify product list by clicking the Export button in the Shopify Products window; the product file will download to your Downloads folder
- Open the Products.csv file in either Microsoft® Excel or Apple Numbers; print this if possible
- Note the Variant Inventory Qty column
- In AccountEdge Pro, open the Count Inventory window (Command Centers > Inventory > Count Inventory)
- Check mark Include zero on-hand quantities
- For each of the Shopify product, enter the quantity in the Counted column
- When quantities have been entered for all Shopify products, click the Adjust Inventory button
- In the Adjustment Information - Default Expense Account window, enter the Equity account you created earlier
- Click Continue
- In the Adjust Inventory window, enter the value of each of your Shopify items in the Amount column
- Press the <TAB> key on your keyboard, and for each item, verify the quantity, amount, and account
- Press the Record button
Update Shopify with Quantities
After you sync items between AccountEdge Pro, you'll need to update the Shopify with quantity and other information:
- Display the Items Register Summary report (Reports > Index to Reports > Inventory > Items Register Summary)
- Open Shopify Products window
- Confirm in-stock quantities match AccountEdge quantities
- For newly-synced and items with non-matching quantities:
- Click on the item link in Shopify
- Click the Inventory & Variants Edit button
- If you are tracking inventory in Shopify, select Shopify tracks this variant's inventory
- Enter the quantity from the Items Register Summary report
- Click Save and Close
- Verify Shopify and AccountEdge Pro fields match
You are ready to sell products in Shopify, and process orders in AccountEdge Pro.