Time Billing Activities
Activities are used to add to Time Billing Invoices.
To view your list of Activities go into the Time Billing Command Center and select the Activities List or go to your top menu bar and select Lists > Activities.
Create a New Activity
- Go into the Time Billing Command Center and select the Activities List (or go to your top menu bar and select Lists > Activities.
- Click the New button at the bottom of this window.
- Set the Activity ID and Activity Name to identify the activity.
- Enter a Description. You can check off “Use Description on Sales” if you want this description to show on the description column of your invoices.
- Enter the Income account.
- If you want to charge tax for the activity check off "Taxable when Sold"
Set the Type:
- Hourly: If this activity is time-based, select this option. Even if you enter your time in six minute units, you still bill for this activity on an hourly basis.
- Non-Hourly: If this activity is not based on a unit of time, select this option. You could set up an activity for making photocopies and bill your customers by the copy. In this example, photocopying would be a non-hourly activity.
Set the Status:
- Chargeable: If you want to include this activity on time billing invoices, select this option.
- Non-Chargeable: If you don’t charge your customers for this activity, but still want to track the activity on activity slips, select this option. Non-chargeable activities can’t be included on time billing invoices.
Set the Rate:
This field is available for hourly activities only.
- Use Employee Billing Rate: If you want the billing rate to be based on the rate you entered on the employee’s or vendor’s card, select this option.
- Use Customer Billing Rate: If you want the billing rate to be based on the rate you entered on the customer’s card, select this option.
- Use Activity Rate: If you want the billing rate to be based on the rate you entered in the Activity Rate field of this window, select this option.
- Set the Unit of Measure. This field can only be changed for non-hourly activities. For hourly activities, Hour is the display-only entry for this field
- Set the Default Activity Rate (Excluding Tax). Type the amount you charge for one unit of this activity. This field appears only if you select the Chargeable option in the Status field and the Use Activity Rate option in the Rate field.
To view the Activity Log click into the Time Billing Command Center and select the Activity Log button.
The Diary view of the View Activity Log window enables you to display a list of activity slips for a selected vendor or employee that also shows the start and stop times for each activity slip. This can help you analyze how an employee has spent their day.
If you want to view more information about the activity slips, click the Detail View tab or click the zoom arrow next to an activity slip.