FileConnect Could Not Be Stopped
To start/stop FileConnect go to your top menu bar and select the Apple icon > System Preferences > AccountEdge.
If you are unable to stop FileConnect and receive the message FileConnect #### could not be stopped, it could be caused by several issues
- There are users still connected to a company file on this machine
- A user has their Company File Browser open and that particular host computer is highlighted
- AccountEdge Network Edition crashed or abnormally quit
Try the following to stop FileConnect
- Make sure everyone is out of all accounting files located on the machine running FileConnect
- Make sure that there isn't a user who has the open file window open, with the host computer that is having the problem selected in thelist
- Restart your host computer once you are sure everyone is logged out of all files that are available on this host machine. This usuallywill solve the problem of not being able to stop FileConnect
Other known issues with FileConnect
You should be signed onto your computer with Administrator rights in order to start or stop FileConnect.
If you are unable to turn off FileConnect from the System Preference pane, you can quit or force quit the process by using the ActivityMonitor rather than restarting your server/computer.
To Quit the Process using the Activity Monitor
- Ensure that all users have quit out of the AccountEdge Network Edition
- Go to the Applications folder and select Utilities
- Find and launch the Activity Monitor application
- Choose All Process from the drop down menu on the top of this window
- Find either FileConnect or AccountEdge File Connect in the list of processes and select it
- Click the Quit Process button on the top left side of this window
- Click Quit.*
- Go to the System Preferences and select the AccountEdge pane
- Click Turn on FileConnect to restart the application
* If the process doesn't Quit after doing this, follow the same steps above but choose Force Quit instead of Quit.