Hosting AccountEdge Network Edition on OSX Yosemite
Due to a network protocol bug on Mac’s OS X 10.10 Yosemite operating system some users can experience an issue with AccountEdge Network Edition not being able to see the host machine on the network.
This is a Yosemite issue that Apple is aware of; however, we do not have any indication when/if this will be addressed.
The instructions below were designed to resolve this issue for host machines running Yosemite (10.10).
Before doing this ensure no one is logged into AccountEdge NE. Have all users exit AccountEdge NE.
On the host machine:
- Go to the Apple menu and "System Preferences".
- In System Preferences choose "Sharing" under "Internet & Wireless".
- Write down the "Computer Name" currently listed. By following the rest of this procedure your computer name will reset back to its default name.
- Exit System Preferences.
- Open Finder.
- Click "Go" on the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Choose "Computer".
- From here, proceed to the following location: Macintosh HD>Library>Preferences>System Configuration.
In "System Configuration" there are 3 files that need to be removed. Drag these 3 files to the trash:
- After these files have been removed restart the machine through the Apple menu.
- After restart go back into the Apple menu and "System Preferences".
- Choose "Sharing" under "Internet & Wireless".
- Input the original "Computer Name" and then exit System Preferences.
After this has been done you can now open up AccountEdge Network Edition and choose "Browse". The host machine and the company files should now be displayed.