Paper Size / Printing Size Issue
When printing from AccountEdge there are specific forms that are used. These forms are correlate with different paper sizes (letter, legal, envelope, etc). If the form size does not match your paper size you will get the following message:
This message is generated when the selected (form) paper size is different than the size indicated in Page Setup. The most likely cause is an incorrect form is selected for printing. In particular, a Continuous Feed form is selected, when an 8.5 x 11 (Laser) form should be selected.
To resolve this you will need to change your paper size in Page Setup and make sure it matches the paper size of the form you are using.
To check the paper size in Print Setup:
- Go to your top menu bar and select File > Page Setup/Print Setup
- Review the Paper Size that is set here.
To change the form type:
- Click into the print window for whatever type of transaction you are trying to print. For example if you are trying to print a check click into the Banking module and then click the blue Print Checks button.
- On the right side of this window click on Advanced Filters.
- At the bottom of this window wher it says Select Form for Check is the default form your checks print out on. Change this to a form that matches your pages size for your printer. (ie: if you are not actually used a dot-matrix printer with Continuous feed forms you should instead choose a standard laser-inkjet form.)
In older versions of AccountEdge for Windows, sometimes the selection gets stuck on Continuous, regardless of what the user selects. The resolution is to rename the custom form, or create a new custom based on the preferred laser form, and naming it with a starting letter of "A". This will then be in the list of forms before the Continuous form, which starts with "C".