Payroll Forms Errors
- Error Retrieving Vendor Updates Document or Error Initializing Wizard
- Unable to Create Parameter File
- Mac User Cannot Tab Through Payroll Tax Forms
- Upload Error
- Cannot Find Required File or Cannot Find a File Required To Run "Prepare Payroll Tax Forms"
- Issues Updating the Formsviewer Software - Initialization Error
- Government Forms Engine Failure
- Updating .Net Framework (Windows OS)
This support articles covers different errors that can occur when attempting to use Aatrix's Formsviewer software from AccountEdge and how to correc these errors.
"Error retrieving vendor updates document from the update site" or "Error initializing wizard"
Some users have reported receiving this error when attempting to run and update the Formsviewer software. This can occur for two reasons. The first reason is that the user is not logged into their Windows machine as an Administrator.
The second is that the User Access Control settings are too high. You can get around this by turning off User Access Control.
NOTE: We suggest that if you are going to attempt to do this you contact an IT professional. AccountEdge Technical Support is not able to assist with this process.
This Microsoft support page has further information regarding disabling or changing User Access Control.
Unable to Create Parameter File
You can receive the message "unable to create parameter file" message when selecting Payroll > Prepare Payroll Tax Forms, or when selecting Display while in Prepare Payroll Tax Forms.
This message is generated if the software is unable to create or write the AatrixConfig.ini file.
On Windows, this file resides in the FormsViewer folder. Verify the user has full, read-write control permissions on the file and the FormsViewer folder.
Cannot Tab Through Payroll Tax Forms
If a Mac user cannot tab through all the fields on a Payroll Tax form.
If Mac users call to report that they can not tab through all the fields on the form (basically it will only let them go to the check box fields). It is because they have turned on full keyboard access (I am unsure why anyone would need this feature). This will only be a problem on forms with check boxes. You can correct the problem on their computer by doing the following:
- Select "System Preferences" under the Apple menu.
- Click on the "Keyboard & Mouse" settings.
- Click the "Keyboard Shortcuts" tab and make sure check box "All Controls" is NOT checked. (The default is Text Fields only.)
- Note: Having it not checked is the system default, so the user would had to have actually turned this on.
When attempting to eFile Payroll Forms if you receive the following error (on Mac): Upload error Payload chunk upload error: non-OK HTTP response
The issue is that you are running on Mac OS X 10.5.8 on a PPC. Aatrix requires 10.6 and newer with Intel processors for e-File processing.
Cannot Find Required File or Cannot Find a File Required To Run "Prepare Payroll Tax Forms"
This message occurs when you attempt to open "Prepare Payroll Tax Forms" but the Formsviewer software cannot be located.
Reasons for the message:
- The Forms.txt file is missing from the Aatrix Forms Viewer application folder. This could occur if the Aatrix install wasn't run or didn't complete properly.
- The Forms Viewer folder is not in the same folder as the AccountEdge application. Someone may have moved the program to the Desktop, or another location.
This can be resolved by uninstalling and then reinstalling the software or by copying the Formsviewer folder from another version of the software and moving it into your current application.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling
If you deleted the AccountEdge folder without first uninstalling Formsviewer it can cause this to happen after reinstalling AccountEdge. You can resolve this by uninstalling both the AccountEdge software and the Formsviewer software and then by reinstalling AccountEdge.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features
- Choose to Uninstall a Program
- There are two separate uninstallers that need to be run - the one for Payroll Form Viewer as well as the one for AccountEdge
After uninstalling both AccountEdge and Payroll Forms Viewer you can reinstall the software.
AccountEdge for Mac is a little more straight forward to uninstall and reinstall then Windows. You just need to delete the AccountEdge folder in Applications and reinstall.
For more detailed instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling AccountEdge please see this article.
Copying the Formsviewer from Another Version
If you have multiple versions of AccountEdge you can copy the Formsviewer folder from one application folder to another.
To do this on Mac:
- Open Finder
- Click on Go > Applications from the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Double-Click into an older AccountEdge folder
- Click once on the Formsviewer folder and choose Edit > Copy from the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Click on Go > Applications from the menu bar at the top of the screen to get back to Applications
- Double-Click on the current AccountEdge folder and then choose Edit > Paste from the menu bar at the top of the screen
To do this on Windows:
- Go to your C:\ Drive
- Double-Click into an older AccountEdge folder
- Right-Click on FormsViewer and choose Copy
- Go back to your C:\ Drive
- Double-Click into the current AccountEdge folder
- Right-Click and choose Paste
Issue Updating the Formsviewer Software - Initialization Error
To be able to successfully update the Formsviewer software - Formsviewer must be installed properly and have appropriate access to the internet. This Aatrix support page has further information regarding the technical and system requirements for using Formsviewer.
Government Forms Engine Failure
User's have reported an issue of receiving a Forms Engine Failure! error when attempting to open Formsviewer on macOS 10.12 Sierra.
This issue can be resolved by moving the Formsviewer software, running the update to it, and then moving it back to the necessary location.
To do so:
- Open Finder
- Choose Go > Applications from the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Double-Click into the AccountEdge Pro 2016 (or AccountEdge NE 2016 Folder)
- Double-Click into the Formsviewer folder
- Drag the Form Viewer Application from the Formsviewer folder into the main AccountEdge Pro (or Network Edition) 2016 Folder
- Double-click on Form Viewer - you will be prompted to Update - do so
- Drag the Form Viewer Application back into the FormsViewer folder
You should then be able to launch Form Viewer from AccountEdge as normal.