This is a resource file of the Upgrade Assistant. You can receive the error when attempting to upgrade a company file. This error usually occurs because of one of three things: * Location: If the Upgrade Assistant is not in the proper location or the name of Macintosh HD is unusual, the Upgrade Assistant may be unable to locate the resource file. * Permissions: If the user does not have the correct permissions to access the resource file or its directory, the Upgrade Assistant will not be able to locate or open the resource file. * The resource file is missing from this Upgrade Assistant
How to Fix the Issue
- Verify the Upgrade Assistant has the necessary file:
- Verify AccountEdge is in the /Applications folder, and its folder is correctly named
- Verify the location of the Upgrade Assistant. It should be in the AccountEdge folder, or in the AccountEdge Resources folder
- In the AccountEdge folder, Control-click (or right-click) on the Upgrade Assiatant, and select Show Package Contents
- Navigate to the Contents/Resources folder
- Confirm existence of PtoP.rsrc
- Verify the name of the hard drive is Macintosh HD; if problem persists and name is not Macintosh HD, change name (using Get Info) to Macintosh HD
- Verify permissions of the Contents folder, and all enclosed items, are Read-Write for all 3 levels of users. To do this:
- Open Finder
- Choose Go from the menu bar at the top of the screen and choose Applications from the drop down menu
- Find the AccountEdge application you are using in here
- Control-click or right click on the application and choose "Show Package Contents"
- Control-click or right click on the Content folder and choose "Get Info"
- At the bottom of the get info window set all permissions to Read & Write
- Click the action button (cog-wheel) at the bottom left of this window and choose "Apply to Enclosed"