8. Customize Mailing Labels
- 1. Forms Basics
- 2. Customize Checks
- 3. Customize Invoices
- 4. Customize Receipts
- 5. Customize Payment Notifications
- 6. Customize Statements
- 7. Customize Purchase Orders
- 8. Customize Mailing Labels
- 9. Customize W-2 and W-3
- 10. Customize 1099 and 1096
- 11. Customize T4 and RL-1
Task 1 Display the Mailing Label
- 1. Go to Setup on the top menu bar, choose Customize Forms and select Mailing Labels
- 2. Select the mailing label layout you want to customize, and click Customize.
Task 2 Set up Mailing Label Properties
- 1. Click the Format or Form Properties button
- 2. Type the number you want to print per page
- 3. Select the required type of paper from the Paper list
- 4. Set the size and margins
You can also:
- • Make the grid visible in the layout, select Show Grid. The grid is only used for customization and will not be printed.
- • Align the top and left margins of fields with the closest grid lines when you are repositioning them, select Snap to Grid.
- • Change the spacing between the grid lines, make a selection from the Grid Size menu.
- • Select a background graphic:
- 1. In the Background Options section, click Browse or Insert Background
- 2. Select the graphic file you want to use and click Open
- 3. Select the Display settings for the graphic
Task 3 Add and Edit Label Elements
Add, remove, or edit elements—such as text, graphics, and lines—according to your needs.
To add a data field:
- 1. Click the Fields button
NOTE: The field in this list that are bold, are currently being used on the form.
- 2. Select the fields you require by clicking in the select column next to them. For a list of fields with descriptions, click here.
- 3. Click Add
To add a text field
- 1. Click the Text button
- 2. Move the field to where you want by dragging and dropping or using your keyboard arrows
- 3. To add your text to the field, double-click it
- 4. Type your text in the field and click OK
To change the font in a data field or text field:
- 1. Select the data or text field you want to change
- 2. Click the Format or Change Fonts button
- 3. Make your choices in the Font, Font Style, Size, Justify, and Effects fields
NOTE: Every form in AccountEdge is assigned default fonts. You can change these default fonts if you prefer all of your forms to have a different font and font size than the default.
- 1. Go to the File menu and choose Default Fonts
- 2. Click Forms
- 3. Choose the font style and size for the printed characters on your forms
- 4. Click OK when you have finished
Task 4 Preview the Mailing Labels
At any time during the customization process, you can display a screen preview of your work.
- 1. Click the Print button on the customize toolbar
- 2. Click Preview
- 3. When you have finished previewing your work, click Close
- 4. If you want to print, click Print. Or click Close to return to the Customize window
Task 5 Save the Mailing Labels
When you are satisfied with the changes you have made, you should save the customized form.
- • If you want to create a new custom form that contains the changes you have made, click Save Form As. Enter a name and a brief description for the new layout and click OK
- • If you have modified a custom form you created previously, click Save Form