- 1. Create a Company File
- 2. Importing Information
- 3. Setting up Accounts
- 4. Quick Tour
- 5. Keyboard Shortcuts
There are eight command centers in AccountEdge. Each command center contains a row of icons in the top section of the window. These icons allow you to switch between different feature sets in AccountEdge.
The selected icon represents the current command center, and the flowchart displayed below the icons illustrates the major tasks for that selection. For example: when the Accounts icon is selected, tasks such as Transfer Money and Record Journal Entry will be displayed.
Company File Location
You can locate your AccountEdge Company File at any time by clicking on the magnifying glass icon on the Command Center.
There are six menus at the bottom of each command center window.
To Do List
The To Do List will show you your reminders, upcoming bills, recurring transactions, items that need to be re-stocked, and more.
- A/R (Accounts Receivable) - Review your outstanding receivables or open sales invoices.
- A/P (Accounts Payable) - Review your outstanding payables or open purchases invoices.
- Transactions - View recurring checks, deposits, and general journal entries.
- Sales - List of any recurring sales.
- Purchases - List of any recurring purchases.
- Discounts - List of vendor bills that have expiring discounts.
- Orders - Review your current sales and purchase orders.
- Stock - List of items that you need to order to build.
- Reminders - Review your list of due today and overdue reminders.
- Retainers - View your retainers, escrows, and trusts that need to be replenished.
View summary information about your accounts, sales, purchases, cards, items, payroll, and jobs.
View a list of the available reports. You can use over 100 built-in reports to monitor your business. If the built-in reports do not entirely meet your needs, you can design custom reports with the information you need then save them to re-use later.
Analyze some key aspects of your business. The Analysis window enables you to view detailed information and graphs on your financial activity.
- Balance Sheet - view detailed information about your asset, liability and equity accounts. Known collectively as your balance sheet accounts.
- Profit & Loss Window - view detailed information about your income, cost of sales, expense, other income and other expense accounts. Known collectively as your profit and loss accounts.
- Jobs - view information about your progress on a particular job, broken down by account.
- Cash Flow - estimate your short-term cash needs for a specified period, by using your Company File data to create a forecast for a specified bank or credit card account.
- Sales - view detailed information and graphs on your sales activity. You can analyze your sales by item, customer and salesperson.
- Receivables - view detailed information about the customers who owe you money and how long they’ve owed it. The information in this window is based upon the selections you made in the Aging Periods fields when setting up your new Company File.
- Payables - view detailed information about the vendors you owe money to and how long you’ve owed it to them. The information in this window is based upon the selections you made in the Aging Periods fields when setting up your new Company File.
- Payroll - view a summary of an employee’s wage for a specified period, including deduction and tax information, as well as employer expenses information.
- Inventory - review the current status of your items and see item quantities on hand, on order and committed to customers.
AccountEdge integrates with several services that sync transactions directly into your Company File on your desktop. This is where you can sync your AccountEdge Company File with the add-on services that you use.
AccountEdge Mobile is a free iOS app available from the iTunes App Store, and it allows you to create sales, enter expenses, track mileage, and record time based transactions and sync them back to AccountEdge. Learn More.
Rerun is subscription and membership billing made easy. Geared toward helping those who have recurring billing and want a simple way to manage clients payments and invoices. It syncs paid sales transactions back to AccountEdge. Learn More.
AccountEdge Cloud is our web collaboration tool that enables employees or subcontractors to enter activities and sales invoices and sync them into Accountedge from any web enabled device. Learn More.
Webstore Items and Orders are how items and transactions are managed between a Shopify web store and AccountEdge. Learn More.
View a menu of all lists available. Your Company File consists of different types of records - customers, jobs, items, and so on. Records of the same type are grouped into lists automatically.
A sidebar has been added to each command center allowing easy access to your recent activity, features you have selected as a favorite, and the link to the help center.
There are three sections in the sidebar.
The Recent Activity section will display the last 5 features you accessed.
The Favorites section will display a list of windows and reports you choose.
- To add a new window or report to your favorites list, open the window or report you want to add. Go to Window on the top menu bar and select Add to Favorites from the drop-down.
The Help Center section links to various support resources available for AccountEdge.
- AccountEdge Help - Online help resource covering all functions and features of your AccountEdge software.
- Support Center - AccountEdge Support Page where you can find information to contact our support team, send a support email and other important information.
- Search Knowledge Base - You can search our online knowledge base of AccountEdge support articles.
- Videos - Watch any of our recorded videos and webinars on the AccountEdge YouTube Channel.
The Action menu is a shortcut menu for accessing tasks associated with card records. The menu is located in the Cards List window and each Card Information window.
When you click the Action Menu icon, a list of actions and tasks associated with the card type is displayed. For example: if you select your Cards List, the Action Menu contains links to Enter Sales, Create New Log Entry, and Combine Cards.
Calendar - Date Entry
The calendar simplifies date entry. For example: suppose you’re entering a sale and have promised the goods to the customer on the last Friday of the month. Rather than figure out the date and enter it manually, display the calendar in a date field and click the date.
To display the calendar, click in a date field, then either hit the = (Equal) key or Spacebar on your keyboard to display the calendar.
A calculator is available to simplify calculating and entering numeric data, including dollar amounts, item quantities, and units. The calculator is available from every window where you can enter numeric data.
Pressing = (Equals) or the Spacebar when the cursor is in a numeric data field displays the calculator. In the calculator, enter your calculation and then press Enter or Return. The result appears in the numeric data field.
To close the calculator without entering numeric data, press ESC.