Switch from QuickBooks
Export Accounts From QuickBooks
Before you can begin importing your account information into AccountEdge, you have to gather your existing data from your QuickBooks file.
- Open your QuickBooks file, click the reports drop-down menu, and select List > Account Listing.
- Select the Options button to access the available fields.
- Select the fields you would like to export from QuickBooks and select Ok.
- Click Export, and Excel will launch the report automatically.
NOTE: If you receive the error message ‘Excel could not open Account Listing.xlsx because some content is unreadable. Do you want to open and repair this workbook?’ click Open and Repair, then save the repaired file.
- Select and delete the report headers (top 3 lines) so that the field header records occupy the first row of the spreadsheet.
NOTE: We suggest you import your Account Number, Account Name, and Opening Balance into AccountEdge. The Account Number field is required to import a new account.
Take a look at how AccountEdge formats the Account Number by account type:
|Cost of Goods
- Look at your list of Account Numbers and ensure they follow the AccountEdge format for Account Numbers and Account Type. All account numbers must be unique; you can not have duplicate account numbers.
- If you have a five-digit account number, continue to step 8.
- If you have a four-digit account number, continue to step 7.
- If your account numbers have four digits, you must turn them into five-digit account numbers. We recommend adding zero at the end of your account numbers.
- Save the Excel file in a Tab-Delimited Text format.
Import Accounts into AccountEdge
Now that your accounts are formatted, they can be imported into AccountEdge.
- Open your new AccountEdge Company File, click on File from the top menu bar, and select Import Data > Accounts > Account Information.
- Select the following:
- Import File Format: Tab-delimited
- First Record is: Header Record
- Duplicate Records: Reject Them
- The Open File window appears. Select the tab-delimited file you saved in step 8 from the Export From QuickBooks section. Select Open.
- Next, you will match your old QuickBooks fields to your new AccountEdge fields. Select the field on the left and then select the field you want to match it to on the right. Continue this process until all desired fields have been matched appropriately. Select Import.
NOTE: If you rename your account header fields to match the ones exported from the AccountEdge Sample Company File, you can select Automatch to match import fields automatically to the fields listed in the Fields column.
- After completing your import, a pop-up window will show you how many records were imported without errors, skipped, or imported with warnings.
If it says all your records imported without errors, you have completed importing your QuickBooks accounts into your AccountEdge company file. Look at your new Accounts List in AccountEdge and ensure all the information is correct. Continue to the next section and import your customer information.
If the window shows that some records were skipped or were imported with warnings, continue to the Import Log section.
Accounts Import Log
The AccountEdge Import Log will list any errors during the import process. The errors and warnings during the import process are listed at the bottom of the log. Those error codes will correspond to the number in front of each record.
Open the AccountEdge Import Log (found in the same folder that contains your AccountEdge Company File). Open Import Log.txt with a spreadsheet program for easier viewing.
Open the tab-delimited or comma-separated text file you saved to import your data and make the corrections based on the error messages. Then, re-import the file.
NOTE: Select Duplicate Records > Update Existing Record when re-importing the file.
Continue that process until all records have been imported successfully.