Display the Invoice
- Go to Setup on the top menu bar, choose Customize Forms, and select Invoices.
- Select the sales invoice type and layout you want to customize, and click Customize.
NOTE: Since there are several invoice types available in AccountEdge (item, service, time billing, etc.), you will need to customize the invoice of each kind separately by selecting the type from the Sale Layout dropdown on the Customize Form window.
Set up Invoice Properties
- Click the Properties button
- Type the number you want to print per page
- Select the required type of paper from the Paper list
- Set the size and margins
You can also:
- Make the grid visible in the layout, and select Show Grid. The grid is only used for customization and will not be printed.
- Align the top and left margins of fields with the closest grid lines when repositioning them, and select Snap to Grid.
- Change the spacing between the grid lines and select from the Grid Size menu.
- Select a background graphic:
- In the Background Options section, click Browse or Insert Background
- Select the graphic file you want to use and click Open
- Select the Display settings for the graphic
Add and Edit Invoice Elements
Add, remove, or edit elements like text, graphics, and lines according to your needs.
To add a data field:
- Click the Fields button
- Select the required fields by clicking in the select column next to them. For a list of fields with descriptions, click here.
- Click Add
NOTE: The bold fields in this list are currently being used on the form.
To add a text field
- Click the Text button
- Move the field to where you want by dragging and dropping or using your keyboard arrows
- To add your text to the field, double-click it
- Type your text in the field and click OK
To change the font in a data field or text field:
- Select the data or text field you want to change
- Click the Format or Change Fonts button
- Make your choices in the Font, Font Style, Size, Justify, and Effects fields
NOTE: Every form in AccountEdge is assigned default fonts. You can change these default fonts if you prefer all of your forms to have a different font and font size than the default.
- Go to the File menu and choose Default Fonts
- Click Forms
- Choose the font style and size for the printed characters on your forms
- Click OK when you have finished
Preview the Customized Invoice
You can display a screen preview of your work during the customization process.
- Click the Preview button on the toolbar
- When you have finished previewing your work, click Close
Save the Customized Invoice
When you are satisfied with your changes, you should save the customized form.
- If you want to create a new custom form containing your changes, click Save Form As. Enter a name and a brief description for the new layout and click OK
- If you have modified a custom form you created previously, click Save Form