End of Period Procedures
Company File Backup
Create a Backup
Backing up is copying a company file to some form of storage media, such as an external hard drive, CD, flash drive, or other media.
You can also use the backup function in AccountEdge to create a compressed archive file that takes up less space. The archive file has a ‘.zip’ file extension.
If you share your company file on a network, you should note that this task requires single‑user access. You must be the only user logged into your AccountEdge Company File.
- Open your AccountEdge Company File
- Go to File on the top menu bar, select Back Up… from the dropdown
- Select what data you want to include in your backup
- Select if you want to check the file for errors during the backup process
- Choose if you would like to save your backup to a disk or Dropbox
- Click Continue. If you choose to backup to a disk, select where you would like to save the backup and click Save. If you choose to backup to Dropbox, you are now finished.
NOTE: To back up to Dropbox, you need to have a Dropbox account, link your account to AccountEdge, and have Dropbox installed on your computer
Restore a Backup
- Go to File on the top menu bar, select Restore from the dropdown
- Select if you would like to restore your backup from a Disk or Dropbox
- Locate and select the backup you would like to restore
- Click Open
- Select where you would like to save the restored Company File
- Click Choose
- Click Yes to open the restored file